Vegetable raita, a festival time delicacy, is prepared by adding cooked potatoes, singharas, curd and other ingredients
- 10 nos "Indian" Water Chestnuts boiled peeled and chopped, Singhara Nuts
- 2 nos Sweet Potato boiled, peeled and chopped, Madhura Kizhangu
- 2 nos Potato boiled, peeled and chopped
- 2 tbsp Peanut roasted
- 2 nos Cucumber chopped
- 2 cups Thick Curd
- 2 tbsp Coriander leaves chopped
- 2 nos Green Chillies finely chopped
- 3/4 tsp Cumin seeds Jeerakam
- Cumin seeds powder Little
- Oil As reqd
- Sugar As reqd
- Salt As reqd
First whisk curd in a deep bowl.
Add cumin powder, chopped chillies, sugar, salt and mix well.
Stir in chopped vegetables, peanuts and mix well.
Chill the mix well.
Heat oil in a pan and splutter cumin seeds.
Pour over the raita and stir lightly.
Garnish the raita with chopped coriander leaves and serve.
Vegetable raita, an Indian festival recipe, is ready.