Oriental Coleslaw Salad Recipe
Highly nutritional recipe rich in magnesium, antioxidants, iron, calcium etc.
- 1 no Japanese white radish small, diakon
- 1/4 of Chinese cabbage shredded
- 1/4 of Red Cabbage shredded
- 1 no Carrot medium
- 1 no Green onions sliced into long thin strips
- 9 nos Snow peas sliced into thin strips
- 1/2 cup Spinach shredded
- 1/4 cup Raisins
- 1/4 cup Raw almonds unsalted
For the oriental dressing:
- 1 tbsp Sesame seeds
- 2 tsp Fresh ginger grated
- 2 tbsp Mirin
- 1 tbsp Rice or wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp Soy sauce low salt
- Sesame oil A few drops
Using a Japanese grater or rinder, cut the diakon and carrot into long thin strips.
Place the above in a large bowl. Add Chinese and red cabbages, snow peas, green onion, spinach, raisins and nuts. Toss to combine the veggies and keep aside.
To make oriental dressing, place sesame seeds in a small pan over medium heat. Toast the seeds.
Stir in ginger, mirin, vinegar, olive oil, soy sauce and sesame oil. Remove pan from fire and pour over the salad. Toss to combine.
5)Oriental coleslaw salad recipe is ready.