Raw plantains/banana curry
- 2 nos Raw bananas Paccha Kkai
- Salt As reqd
- Asafoetida A pinch
- ½ tsp Tamarind powder Or ½ tsp tamarind paste mixed with as little water as possible
- 1 tsp Mysore rasam powder
- 1 tsp Oil
- ½ tsp Mustard seeds
- 1 no Red chillies Kollamulaku
- 1 tsp Black gram Uzhunnuparippu
- 1 tsp Bengal gram Kadalaparippu
- 3 nos Curry leaves – 2
Boil bananas along with the skin in water for 10 min.
Cool, peel and mash.
Add salt, asafoetida, tamarind and rasam powder and mix well.
Heat oil in a pan or a kadai and add mustard seeds.
When they splutter, add the broken red chillies followed by the dals and fry till red.
Add the curry leaves and pour this seasoning over the mashed plantains.