Green Thai Curry Paste
It is surprisingly easy to make, and it's so much healthier & fresher-tasting than the store-bought variety.
- 4-6 medium green chilies, roughly chopped
- 2 onions roughly chopped
- 2” piece fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Small bunch of fresh coriander, stalks and roots attached
- 2 lemongrass stalks, chopped
- 8 kaffir lime leaves, torn into pieces if unavailable, use the grated zest of 1 extra lime
- 1” piece galangal, peeled and chopped or 1 tbsp galangal powder
- 1 tbsp coriander seeds, crushed
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp black peppercorns, crushed
- 2 tsp Thai fish sauce or light soy sauce
- 3 tbsp olive oil
Wash the coriander leaves and lemon grass stalks well.
In a pan dry roast the whole jeera, dhania and black peppercorns for 2-3 minutes.
Place all of the ingredients in a food processor/mixer and grind to a fine paste.
Use straight away or store in a jar in the fridge for up to 3 weeks.