1) Wash and soak aval for 5 minutes.
2) Boil cubed potatoes and keep aside.
3) Heat Oil. Fry peanuts till golden brown and keep aside.
4) Add mustard seeds. When it crackles, add black gram, Bengal gram, cumin seed, green chillies, red chillies and curry leaves one by one and fry.
5) Add chopped onion and fry till soft.
6) Add tomatoes and then add potatoes.
7) Add salt, turmeric powder and asafoetida.
8) Add in the fried peanuts also.
9) Add the soaked aval. Mix well and cook for few minutes.
10) Switch off the flame.
11) Garnish with coriander leaves.
12) Squeeze lime. Mix well and serve.