SCIENTIFIC NAME :
MEDICINAL VALUE :
Antioxidant nasunin found in eggplant fights disease causing free radicals in the body, particularly in the brain. Nasunin also has properties that help fight cancer.
NUTRIENT VALUE :
Source of a powerful antioxidant known as nasunin.
CULINERY AND OTHER VALUES :
Eggplant originated in India, where it is used in dishes, such as baingan bartha. Eggplant is also the basis for Greek moussaka, French ratatouille, and Italian caponata.
- English : Wild Egg Plant / Egg Plant
- Tamil : Kathirikaai / Kandang Kathiri
- Malayalam : Kathirikka
- Telugu : Vanga Mokka / Nela Mulekavakuda
- Kannada : Badanekayi / Nella Gula
- Hindi : Ringna / Kateli / Bhatakatai
- Bengali : Begun / Kantakari
- Gujarati : Ringna / Patharingami
- Konkani : Vaingen
- Marathi : Bhuiringani
- Tulu : Mullubadane