SCIENTIFIC NAME :
MEDICINAL VALUE :
Winter cherry comes to use in various chronic disorders, like digestive disorder, exhaustion, rheumatism, tuberculosis, insomnia, gynaecological troubles or cold.
NUTRIENT VALUE :
Cherries are high in antioxidants, vitamin C, potassium and beta-carotene.
CULINARY AND OTHER VALUES :
The berries can be used as a substitute for rennet, to coagulate milk in cheese-making.
- English : Winter Cherry
- Tamil : Amukkura-Kizhangu / Achuvagandhi
- Malayalam : Ashwagandhi / Amukkuram
- Telugu : Pennerugadda / Ashwagandhi
- Kannada : Ashwagandhi / Penneru / Hiremaddina Gida
- Hindi : Aswagandh
- Bengali : Aswagandha
- Gujarati : Asundha
- Marathi : Askandh / Asagandha
- Punjabi : Asgandh